Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

webtable RowCount method is not fetching correct value in UFT v14.03

Hi,

I was previously using UFT v12.02 and developed regression suite for one of the webbased application.  Now we have upgraded to v14.03 and some of the scripts are not working. 

one of the issue is in getting row count of the webtable. In UFT v12.02 rowcount method returns value of the available row (in my case 2 for two rows) whereas in v14.03 the value returns as zero.  This mismatch I can see through object spy as well.  

Sample Code:[

rowCnt = Browser("something").Page("something").WebTable("something").RowCount

Browser("something").Page("something").WebTable("something").ChildItem(rowCnt, ColNo,"WebEdit",0).Set "desiredValue"

]

now in UFT 14.03 version, rowcount comes as zero and we are unable to get exact row on which webedit element is available. Due to this script is not working as expected in v14.03 and working in v12.02.

Could you please help me in addressing this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Sumit Sinha 

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: webtable RowCount method is not fetching correct value in UFT v14.03

Greetings.

I have seen that these problems happens after upgrading procedures. Most of times the situations solved by clean unistalling UFT. Maybe you can give it a try and let me know the results: 

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00319750

If you did that before, there is a patch available for this version over here: 

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM03183264

Let me know if it helps. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Greetings,

Thank you for your guidance. I will try to apply both ways to resolve the issue and keep you posted on this. 

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Sumit Sinha 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Greetings,

As suggested, I have tried the complete cleanup of Client and reinstalled UFT but it does not help me. Still RowCount method getting incorrect value from UFT v 14.03. 

Could you please suggest any other methods to resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Sumit Sinha 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Have you tried using a stndard output value (Start recording, select Design > Standard Output Value - Write the rowcount to the datatable)

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

@SumitSinha1 wrote:

one of the issue is in getting row count of the webtable. In UFT v12.02 rowcount method returns value of the available row (in my case 2 for two rows) whereas in v14.03 the value returns as zero.  This mismatch I can see through object spy as well.   

Can you check the source and confirm that you have 2 rows? If it's only one row & 1 column, then it might be treated as an AbstractTable.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/14.00/UFT_Help/Content/Addins_Guide/Web_limitations.htm

Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for putting for your efforts and suggestion. 

As suggested, I have tried using standard output value for the webtable but I am unable to apply it correctly. It is not retriving correct row count.  More details on this will help me to resolve this. 

Just to add, It is working for normal grid but this grid is part of jquery. That is why it is not able to fetch row count. I have observed few other properties which are mismatching from earlier version.

V 12.02

Column = 16

Rows = 2

Border = 0

abs_X = 31992

abs_Y = 31724

V 14.03

Column = 32 

Row = 0

Border = Null

abs_X = 8

abs_Y = 304

Please review this and see if it helps you to provide me resolution. 

Best Regards,

Sumit Sinha 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi RajKumar,

Thank you for the attention. I have already checked the HTML DOM and able to see the rows for the grid. 

I have checked the URL which you suggested and was helpful. Also installed the patch (00195) for UFT 14.03, even this does not help me to solve this issue.

Best Regards,

Sumit Sinha 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.