Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Gan-Orgil Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

API web service testing

Hello guys          

How can i send my xml with split to web service? 

I have xml like <request><msisdn>99755552</msisdn><session> then

i want to split and parameterize these like a=<request><msisdn> b=99755552 c=</msisdn><session> etc.

Is it possible? 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: API web service testing

Hi,

You may use XML to String activity combine with Substring activity.
Please refer to the attached snapshot.

Thanks,

Angel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Gan-Orgil Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Thank you for reply.

Is there any other solution for these like - save a xml script to datatable value and combine these datatable values etc?. 

In GUI test, I have stored xml files in datatable. 

But Is there possible to parametrize these values in <Param> tag of API (Web service) testing in uft?  (pls see the picture below)

Capture.PNG

0 Likes

Hi, 

You can also add an XML data source to API tets.

(Online Help: https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/14.50/UFT_Help/Content/User_Guide/task_define_data.htm#mt-item-1)

I have a solution for your scenario. Please refer to the snapshot.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.