Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
RB5204 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Adobe/ Omniture analytics automated testing using UFT

I'm looking into options for automating Adobe/ omniture data analytics testing using UFT. The reason to explore UFT for this testing is because we have majority of the application testing automated using UFT GUI scripts and would like to extend the overage for testing analytics tags when certain events are fired while navigating through the website. Need answers for these:

1) Is UFT a suitable tool for this task to capture values that Adobe Analytics server writes back in response to _satellite js file either to browser console or using browser add-ons like omnibug, Adobe DTM debugger, etc.

2) Is is possible to read data directly from browser console log using UFT script written in VB? Have installed an add-on (Adobe Analytics Debugger) to chrome that writes analytics tag data to browser console. Attached a screen capture of the sample data logged in browser console. Will be easy to read the values directly from here using an interface that UFT can understand.

3) A javascript code that can be saved locally and then run using EmbedScript or RunScript functions available in UFT?

4) Any other options that can be thought of?

Testing analytics data manually is a pretty cumbersome task, hence need a solution to craft an automated solution to meet the testing needs. Thanks for any help in this regard!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ruddy_A_FT Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Adobe/ Omniture analytics automated testing using UFT

Hi RB5204,

Hope you are doing well.

i'm personally not very familiar with Adobe/Omniture i was searching for it and i found below:

Omniture is an online marketing and web analytics business unit in Orem, Utah. It was acquired by Adobe Systems in 2009. Until 2011, Omniture operated as a business unit within Adobe as the "Omniture Business Unit", but as of 2012 Adobe began retiring the Omniture name as former Omniture products were integrated into the Adobe Marketing Cloud.

I was searching for information through UFT documentation but i did not find anything related to this.

HP is always open and willing to find ways to improve our tool please feel fre to create a support ticket to send the request to know the possibility to add this for future versions to our developers.

Also i want to let you know that the HP Extensibility Accelerator (EA) is a Visual Studio-like IDE that facilitates the design, development, and deployment of toolkit support sets and maybe this may help you by now.

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00307929

It makes it faster and easier to create the required extensibility XML files so that you can invest your main efforts in the development of the JavaScript functions that will enable UFT to work with your custom Web controls.

Regards,

” If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given”

Ruddy Alvarez H.
Customer Support Engineer

If you find thst aat this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the pond show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.