Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Harika Dasari Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Automate Appian application using HP UFT

Jump to solution

HI,

I am trying to capture objects of an Appian Application.But the objects are identified as Windows Objects.

Can anyone tell me what addins are required for automating appian application ?

Also,What might be the reason for above problem?

TIA.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Automate Appian application using HP UFT

Jump to solution

Hi,

In order to see the agent on Chrome, go to Options> More Tools> HPE Unified Functional Testing Agent.

Make sure that is enabled and the version is an 14x version (you can see this on 'Details')

I'm waiting for your response.

Best Regards,

9 Replies
Super Contributor.. LuisAlonso191 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Harika,

Regarding your concern about the recognition in the application you are trying to automate.

First at all it is very important to know the technologies that were used to develop the AUT, since UFT is based on technologies/controls and its versions to confirm its compatibility.

The best option to know under which tehcnologies Appian is developed is asking directly to the vendor or developers.

Once you get this information you can go through UFT addins and select the correct ones and if the unrecognition persist, we will need to check the compatibility from UFT against technology version and verify if those are custom controls or not.

I really would like to help you looking why Appian is not recognized, however there are several details that are required to know before automate with UFT against application.

UFT offers some sample applications that are based in Java, Flex, Web, .NET, Delphi within installation package that can help us to check and define if the recognition functionality is being affected directly UFT or if it is part of the above causes for AUT, but as mentioned in this case first we have to know the technologies used in Appian.

Warm regards,

Luis Alonso A.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Luis Alonso,

Thanks for responding.Appian is developed on Java and it uses Web Services for connecting to some Web API.

Can you please let me know where I am going wrong in identifying Objects?

TIA

0 Likes
GoScriptless1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Harika, from what I have seen, it should work with web add-in. Becuase they are web forms right. Try few things specified below,  ( if its not web based.. then try with java add-in). for web follow the below steps..

1. first launch UFT and then the application. 

2. Try recording. Before you start recording, in the record and run settings, change the settings to record on all open applications.

3. IE settings. Make sure in IE add-on manager,  HP functional testing agent is enabled. Add the site to trusted sites.

Let us know.. how it goes.

GoScriptLESS, Create tests using UFT in seconds. Free implementation. View demo at scriptlessautomation.com

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

HI,

It is working fine with IE.But it is unable to identify objects in Chrome.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Harika

On Chrome the objects are being recognized as WinObjects or WebElements?

Are you ensure that the Agent for chrome is enabled?

Which version of UFT and Chrome are you currently using?

Does the problem only happens while spying/recording on this application?

The zoom of the Page is cofigured at 100% level? also the resolution scaling of your computer?

Please let us know this information to isolate the cause of the recognition problem. I'm waiting for your response.

Regards,

Joaquin Viquez

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

HI Joaquin,

Thanks for your reply.Please find my answers below.

On Chrome the objects are being recognized as WinObjects or WebElements? --- WinObjects

Are you ensure that the Agent for chrome is enabled? --- I didnt understand what an Agent is?

Which version of UFT and Chrome are you currently using? - I am using UFT - 14.01 & Chrome - 65.0.3325.181

Does the problem only happens while spying/recording on this application? - Problem happens in both cases.

The zoom of the Page is cofigured at 100% level? also the resolution scaling of your computer? - Yes Zoom is 100%.Resolution scaling is normal.

TIA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

In order to see the agent on Chrome, go to Options> More Tools> HPE Unified Functional Testing Agent.

Make sure that is enabled and the version is an 14x version (you can see this on 'Details')

I'm waiting for your response.

Best Regards,

Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I enabled HP UFT Agent in Chrome and I am able to access objects as Web Objects now.Thanks for your solution.

Regards,

Harika

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm glad that the solution worked and now your are able to recognize objects in Chrome.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

Kind Regards,

Joaquin Viquez.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.