Highlighted
Established Member.. MabileauC
Established Member..

Automated BPT components for SAP

Hello,

I am automating tests for a SAP application.
I managed to automate tests, however, i had to use "normal" automated tests. I have BPT licences on my ALM platform, so i thought i could do BPT tests, but when i create a component and try to "learn" the actions in SAP, the BPT components do not find anything.
I found that in the recording menu (open component or test and then the menu is on the top of the screen) of a test i can select a SAP application, but in the recording menu of a BPT component i can only select web based application.

I use a 12.01 ALM Platform and UFT 12.51

Thanks a lot for your answer.
Tags (3)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Ivan Petrov Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Automated BPT components for SAP

Hello,

When creating a business component it needs to be associated to an application area. The application area is the place where you choose which add-ins will be used in the business components.

In order to test SAP applications, you will need to create an application area which loads the SAP add-in and then associate the business components to it.

Please let me know if you require additional information.

Kind Regards,

Ivan

0 Likes
Established Member..

Hello, Thanks for your answer.

You can find attached printscreens of my UFT with the SAP application declared, with the plugin and the library SAP and the BPT component associated to the application.

You can also see in the recording menu (enregistrement in french) that i can only chose Web base recording. When i am on a normal automated test i also have an option that says recording parameters.

0 Likes
Ivan Petrov Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello,

The "Record and Run Settings" menu is not available for business components by design.

If the add-ins are added to the application area, UFT should record on the respective applications without additional configuration.

From the provided screenshots I see that UFT did record 2 actions. 

Does this mean that UFT records some actions but it does not record others? Is only the SAP application not recorded or also Web pages/applications?

Have you tried with the option "Record and run test on any open Windows-based application" in application area's additional settings? (see the attached screenshot)

Kind Regards,

Ivan

0 Likes
Established Member..

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. UFT recorded some actions for the BPT components but it was only on the pre-login page. Maybe this window is in web technology.

I can't unfortunately try today, but i will get back to you tomorrow with the setting you suggested and whereas or not UFT record web actions in BPT components.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.