Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Frequent Contributor.. 3chords Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Autopass License Server 10.3.0 - Mail Configuration

Jump to solution

Does the software require that an Exchange mailbox be setup, or can the mail simply be bounced off of a SMTP server?  From the Autopass server, I'm able to telnet to the SMTP server, and use the SMTP commands like "ehlo", "mail from:", "rcpt to":, "data", to successfully send myself an email, proving there is not a firewall issue.  On the Autopass "Main Configuration" page, under "Mail Configuration", when I point to that same SMTP server, on the same port, using the same email address, with User Name and Password both blank, I do not get a Test Mail when I click Send Email.  I get the error "Sending Email failed. Please enter the correct mail server,port or admin email".  When I check logs I only see a localhost_access_log.2018-04-23.txt file, which does not appear to be useful 

10.122.53.112 - - [23/Apr/2018:14:54:01 -0500] "POST /autopass/config/ConfigurationAction_testConfig HTTP/1.1" 200 193
10.122.53.112 - - [23/Apr/2018:14:54:01 -0500] "GET /autopass/images/cssimages/red_warnig.png HTTP/1.1" 304 -

Installed on Windows Server 2016 Standard, 4CPU, 16Gb RAM, 100Gb c: drive has 40Gb free

IIS is not installed per a post I saw saying that it was not required

Thanks for any advice which can be provided

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Autopass License Server 10.3.0 - Mail Configuration

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can we test something on your environment?

On the Server machine, go to this path %programdata%\HP\HP AutoPass License Server\AutoPass\LicenseServer\data\conf\

edit the mailconfig.properties file.

Change the values on if for the next ones. and try to send the email again.

mail.smtp.starttls.enable=false
mail.smtp.ehlo=false
mail.smtp.auth=false

Let me know hoy it goes.

Regards,

Joaquin Viquez

1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Autopass License Server 10.3.0 - Mail Configuration

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can we test something on your environment?

On the Server machine, go to this path %programdata%\HP\HP AutoPass License Server\AutoPass\LicenseServer\data\conf\

edit the mailconfig.properties file.

Change the values on if for the next ones. and try to send the email again.

mail.smtp.starttls.enable=false
mail.smtp.ehlo=false
mail.smtp.auth=false

Let me know hoy it goes.

Regards,

Joaquin Viquez

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.