Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Established Member.. William Schmitt
Established Member..

Can UFT 11.5x co-exist with LR/VuGen 11.0

Jump to solution

I'm trying to install UFT 11.5x with VuGen 11.0 on the same PC.  I have found that I need to uninstall VuGen prior to installing UFT, and then re-installing VuGen.  This has worked on one PC and I can start up both UFT and VuGen (but not at the same time).  I have tried to install these two apps on several other PCs but without success.  UFT always hangs up when starting and displays an unexpected error message - FileNotFoundException: The specified module cannot be found (Exception from HRESULT:0x8007007E). 

The PCs that I've tried are all similar to the first - Win7 32 bit 8 Gb RAM, although I have also tried Win7-64 and 4 Gb and 16 Gb.

I'm trying to figure out what is different about the first PC that allows this combo to work.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Can UFT 11.5x co-exist with LR/VuGen 11.0

Jump to solution

Hello William,

I didn't use the right word, I use "you cannot" install UFT however the right words are you "should not" install UFT, since UFT 11.5 and VuGen/LoadRunner 11 are not recommended on the same machine.

You can install both and even use them, however it could cause issue in UFT like: crash/hang during recording, crash/hang during replay, Object Spy not recognizing controls, among others.

For QTP and VuGen 11 the special attention is on the installation sequence install Vugen first and then QTP after that. You can check the detail on this kb article: Can QTP and LoadRunner be installed on the same machine 

As mention before the versions compatible (when I said compatible it means there will not be issue installing both on the same machine) are UFT 11.5 and VuGen 11.5.

Regards.

HP support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..

Jump to solution

OK I've done some more research on this error.  One solution was to do a complete uninstall and clean, which is what I'm trying now.  Will update the thread with results.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello William, 

The workaround is correct from a clean machine install first Vugen all patches and then QTP if a new add-in for Vugen is installed the process must be repeated.

As you have Vugen 11 UFT cannot be installed since UFT is compatible only with Vugen 11.5.

Regards,

HP support.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Actually, that is not correct.  I have just successfully installed both UFT 11.5 and VuGen 11.0 on the same PC and they are both working.  The install order you suggested is not right - you must first install UFT, then VuGen.  If you try to install UFT with VuGen already installed, you will get an error and the UFT install will not complete.  You must uninstall VuGen, install UFT and then re-install VuGen.

The final step, which I just discovered, is that you must run the UFT installer once more, and when it asks, you must select to repair the install.  This will put back whatever file that the VuGen install corrupted, causing the error that I mentioned.  Once the repair is done, UFT and VuGen will both run successfully on the same PC.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello William,

I didn't use the right word, I use "you cannot" install UFT however the right words are you "should not" install UFT, since UFT 11.5 and VuGen/LoadRunner 11 are not recommended on the same machine.

You can install both and even use them, however it could cause issue in UFT like: crash/hang during recording, crash/hang during replay, Object Spy not recognizing controls, among others.

For QTP and VuGen 11 the special attention is on the installation sequence install Vugen first and then QTP after that. You can check the detail on this kb article: Can QTP and LoadRunner be installed on the same machine 

As mention before the versions compatible (when I said compatible it means there will not be issue installing both on the same machine) are UFT 11.5 and VuGen 11.5.

Regards.

HP support

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Alright, I can accept that you "should not" install UFT 11.5 and VuGen 11 on the same PC.  The reason we had to try UFT in this particular case was because we are trying to load test an application that runs in Citrix, and QTP was not recognizing the objects but UFT was.

I will inform my clients that they may experience problems with UFT, but we will continue to use UFT and VuGen if possible.  Upgrading to VuGen 11.5 is not possible at this time.

Thanks for clarifying.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.