Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
georgekthomas
New Member.

Cannot Identify Object in SFCGraph

Hello -

I am working on automating a windows application where in I am facing a blocker of not being able to identify an object.

More detials on the situation here -
1. I want to click on the numbers inside those rectangular boxes, which will inturn open other pop up windows for entering some values.
2. The entire panel is a movable frame. Hence using XY cordinates doesnt help. In one instance, it will be at one point, and the next time i open it, it can be somewhere else.
3. Anything seen within this panel is not identifiable with Object Spy as well.
4. On a record and playback mode, it shows everything as XY cordinates, but it is highly unreliable as the frame isnt static.

JavaWindow("ABC").JavaInternalFrame("ABC").JavaObject("SFCGraph").Click 707,120,"LEFT"

5. Any of those rectangular boxes doesnt get identified, other than with the help of a mouse click.
6. There are no shortcut keys that are supported by this application. Page Up, Page Down, Left or Right arrows or any such functionalities doesn't work too.
7. Image searching technique might not be a right option as the frame may or may not contain the image content all the time. Also, this process has to be iterated for atleast 100 plus times. So having multiple images for identification will be an extra headache.Screenshot.jpg

Any support in this case would be really helpful!
Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.