Leandro Contributor.
Contributor.

Cannot identify the object "[ WebEdit ]" (of class WebEdit)

I am new to UFT, only one week using it.
My test is supposed to open a webpage and logon to it.
I am getting the error below:

Cannot identify the object "[ WebEdit ]" (of class WebEdit). Verify that this object's properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

Line (11): "objBrowserPage.WebEdit("name:=userid").Set "******"".

My findings:
1- I have 3 objects in the Objects Repository.
2- Names seem to be correct according to Object Spy/Highlight

3- The plugin “Web” is selected during UFT start up, however when I go to Tools > Object Identification,
I click on Environment, I can’t see the Web plugin in there.

I suspect the finding #3 could be why but I am unsure, if yes, how would I install/reinstall that plugin?
If not, what am I doing wrong?

I am using UFT 12.02 build 2374

Here is my code, the ***** simply means general data and is not part of it.

Dim objBrowserPage
Set objBrowserPage = Browser("index:=0").Page("title:=.*")

systemutil.Run "chrome.exe","https://newmibridgeslogin.michigan.gov/eai/login/authenticate?key=C4XZA2JpnYrBbJ2nI2b3HyD%2FESRBaUbre4MCmxXqTmU%3D"

objBrowserPage.WebEdit("name:=userid").Set "******"
objBrowserPage.WebEdit("name:=password").Set "*******" 
objBrowserPage.WebButton("name:=Log In").Click

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Cannot identify the object "[ WebEdit ]" (of class WebEdit)

Hello Leandro,

Hope you are doing very well.

Could you please let me know if you can complete a recording of this objects on your application? maybe performin the login steps?

Also, could you please let me know what is the version of Google Chrome that you are using?

Did you select more add-ins than web from the UFT startup?

I'll be looking forward for your response.

Best Regards,

-Joaquin Viquez

Leandro Contributor.
Contributor.

Hey, thanks Joaquim, when I checked the browser version it said Version 66.0.3359.181 then it automatically updated to  67.0.3396.79 before I was I able to run the recording.

The update helped because now the recording (and my code) are inserting the username and password in the correct fields but neither recording or my code are recognizing the Login button.

An interesting fact is that before the Chrome update, the Object Spy identified the Log In button as a Webbutton class, now it recognizes as SAPUIButton class.

The recording was supposed to have 4 lines of code, username , password, login button, logout button, but here is what the recording code looks like on the updated Chrome.

1 -Browser("MI Bridges - Log In_2").Page("MI Bridges - Log In").WebEdit("userid").Set "*****"
2 -Browser("MI Bridges - Log In_2").Page("MI Bridges - Log In").WebEdit("password").SetSecure "3b3f9708e416af"
3 -Browser("MI Bridges - Log In_2").Page("Dashboard - MI Bridges").Link("Logout").Click

Here is the new error:
The test run cannot continue due to an unrecoverable error.

An error occurred while running the Web extensibility handler for the Click method

Line (13): "objBrowserPage.SAPUIButton("name:=Log In").Click".

I don't know if I need a different code to handle SAPUI type of class.
Thanks again for your suggestions, I appreciate it.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, 

The browser you're using is a few months old while the UFT is from a few years ago. I believe the support will be hard using UFT12.02. 

Is it possible to upgrade to at least 12.54 latest patch 5?

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Leandro Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi James, unfortunately I am not able to update the system. My boss uses UFT to run a test every morning and he would be worried about an update causing issues on the test.

I'll try another method to click the Log In button, maybe create a function that reads strings based on screen coordinates (x - y axis type of thing).

Thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Thinakar Angappan Contributor.
Contributor.

HPE Functional Testing Agent
Test Web Applications Using Google Chrome
Should be enabled, and your Desktop personalize - Display setting should have 100% and not 125
% or 150%

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.