Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
New Member.. peterpan
New Member..

Cannot spy javascript object in web by UFT, chrome

Hi 

I just start using UFT to automate some process,I need to click in that "any" position(1), then he will popup an dropdown list(I think it is a javascript function, because it will popup some checkboxs instead of selection and its element is <input class="dijitReset dijitInputField dijitArrowButtonInner" value="▼ " type="text" tabindex="-1" readonly="readonly" role="presentation">)(2) , and then i will select some checkbox and close it, and then i need to do it again( it is a form with 3 fields design like this). I used record object spy to spy the object, but its only can spy (1) to (2), the dropdown list cannot popup. Please advice. Thank you.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Cannot spy javascript object in web by UFT, chrome

Hello there,

Hope you are doing excellent!

I suggest you check for the User and System environment variables, follow the steps below to double check these details:

• Right click on my computer
  • Choose Properties->System Properties->Advanced ->Environment Variables
  • Look for the files called:_JAVA_OPTIONS, JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS and IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS
  • Create a back up of the values, maybe you can copy the values and paste it into a text file or word file first.
  • Then, remove these 3 variables and finally, you will need to restart your system for the updated variables to be effective.

If you continue having the issue, please rollback these changes and put the original values into the Environment Variables.

Please let me know the results of these changes.

If you find this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the pond show your appreciation.

Best regards,

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Cannot spy javascript object in web by UFT, chrome

What happens when you record clicking on the ANY object, if it records the click you should see its properties in the OR.

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.