Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Artsiom Dabrynin Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Custom components support on LeanFT (Java Swing)

Jump to solution

My application UI is running on the Java Swing framework. To fulfill all the business requirements, I had to make my own custom components based on Swing components.

After a short research, I learned that UTF have the Java Add-in Extensibility SDK so I can introduce support for my custom components using it. I implemented a simple add-in and UFT worked with it properly but LeanFT Runtime Engine does not see my add-in at all. It seems that only UTF provide the Java Add-in Extensibility SDK.

My question is does LeantFT provide the SDK, analog to the Java Add-in Extensibility SDK, to extend its functionality with custom add-ins?

Solution: Unlike UTF, LeanFT does not have the Extensibility SDK, but it provides the API to access custom components instead. See LeanFT reference for UFT experts and Access native objects, methods, and properties pages.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Custom components support on LeanFT (Java Swing)

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hope you are doing very well!

If you are using Java SDK, this one specificly come installed with LeanFT and this sould be the one you need to use to complete the extensibility , but if there is another framwork that you should use is not going to be provided by LeanFT.

I recommend you to talk with the develpers of the AUT to be sure about how to implement the extensibility. Let me know if this information is useful for you and if you think that solves your problem feel free to mark it as a solution.

Best Regards,

-Joaquin Viquez

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Custom components support on LeanFT (Java Swing)

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hope you are doing very well!

If you are using Java SDK, this one specificly come installed with LeanFT and this sould be the one you need to use to complete the extensibility , but if there is another framwork that you should use is not going to be provided by LeanFT.

I recommend you to talk with the develpers of the AUT to be sure about how to implement the extensibility. Let me know if this information is useful for you and if you think that solves your problem feel free to mark it as a solution.

Best Regards,

-Joaquin Viquez

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.