Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. ELE_JE Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Data sharing between UFT Global Datasheet and ALM / Sprinter Test Configuration parameters.

Scenario:
 Run a UFT test with Global Datatable to create a user. Parameters used in datable include Username, User ID, DOB, Department. We provide Username but User ID is generated when user is created in external system. Currently a excel spreadsheat is generated and saved to a share with all fields including User ID generated.
 After UFT test creates User, need to be able to run a Sprinter/Manual test to verify User ID and Department and other tests using this information.

Requirement:
 Import spreadsheet into Test Configuration in ALM or Sprinter prior to manual run to include data in report after run.

Thank You!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Data sharing between UFT Global Datasheet and ALM / Sprinter Test Configuration parameters.

Hi there,

Please check out the below link for a step by step guide on how to work with Test Configurations:
http://alm-help.saas.hpe.com/en/12.50/online_help/Content/UG/t_test_configurations.htm

If this is not the information you're looking for, please elaborate some more on what you need.

Regards,
Alvaro

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Re: Data sharing between UFT Global Datasheet and ALM / Sprinter Test Configuration parameters.

Yes I'm familiar with Test Configuration. However, you can't associate Dynamic Data with a Manual Test. I would like to move/copy the Parameters(Datatable elements) from the Automated Test to the Manual Test.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Alvaro,

Any new thoughts? Or am I just doing it wrong? I don't see how to assign the same Datasheet resource from UFT to a seperate Manual test.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

That is correct. By design, there is no option to link manual test to resources (this is for automated tests). What you can do is add the spreadsheet as an attachment of your manual test or use data injection from Sprinter (this allows you to import data table resource from ALM). 

Regards,
Alvaro

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.