Highlighted
EPLASCE
Visitor.

Editing Text Field from In App Browser

Hi!

I hope this is the correct place for this but I've been breaking my head now trying to figure this out but I can't. I have a smartphone application that brings up a login page in an in app browser for the user to login in. It has your standard username and password text field and login button. But I've been having issues "grabbing" those fields to be able to set text in them. I've tried using Object Identification Center and ever recorder and I can capture all actions before and after the login page but nothing on the actual login page. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Editing Text Field from In App Browser

Do you have the addin loaded for these types of object?

Have you tried low-level recording

Mark Smith

0 Likes
EPLASCE
Visitor.

Low level would record the coordinates, correct? If that's the case, I would need to create configurations per different screen resolutions, right? I guess that would be one way if I can't get access to the object.

Is that first line an Add on typo?

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

You could set the screen resolution in UFT to be the same for all monitors.

By addin I meant if your in browser ojects were Java objects, ensure the Java addin is selected along with Web addin (which looks like is selected.

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I support you are using mobile center?

Did you try packaging the application? What is the current recognition if you spy the objects on the login page?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.