patilrahul2730 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Fetch the data from results viewer of UFT (like host name,os type etc) and store in QC (USD fields)

Hello Friends,

I want to fetch the data from results viewer of UFT (like host name, os type etc) and store in QC (USD fields).

Please find the attached screenshot which shows the field area which i want to capture in the variables. Is it possible by any sort of utility or UFT feature?

Thanks In Advance,

Rahul

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Fetch the data from results viewer of UFT (like host name,os type etc) and store in QC (USD fiel

You can get some of this using Wscript or Powershell, I use Wscript to get the username in one of my scripts:

uName = CreateObject("WScript.Network").UserName

Mark Smith

0 Likes
Highlighted
Thinakar Angappan Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Fetch the data from results viewer of UFT (like host name,os type etc) and store in QC (USD fiel

built-in variables are pre-defined variables. It enables the user to retrieve the information about the test that is executing and to get information about the O.S (Operating Systems) on which the test is executing. Some of the built-in variables are Action iteration, Operating system, Test directory, local hostnames, Operating system version etc.

Go to file -> Settings -> Environment tab to view the environment variable section to see the list of environmental variables.

msgbox Environment.values("OS")

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.