Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. veeru24 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Force users to use Autopass Alias to connect

Hello Everyone,

we had recently changed our autopass server url to work on alias name, before implementing this, users were connecting from UFT using Autopass server name,  now we wanted to force users to use alias name to connect but not the server name. how can we do this? they shouldnt be able to connect using the Autopass servername anymore.

Please help.. Thanks in advance

BR

0 Likes
3 Replies
Susse Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Force users to use Autopass Alias to connect

Hello,

I hope you are doing well.

As per description I understood that you want to force the users to use the Alias that you created for AutoPass License Server.

First at all, I want to let you know that this change is not related with UFT or AutoPass License Server, because APLs is taking the server name and IP address that you have configured in your network. That means it is related with your network configuration.

You can configure that in the following file in the machine that you have installed UFT.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

hosts

Thank you,

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. veeru24 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Thanks susse, but this way i would have to change it in all client machines right? there are hundreds of users how can i force them all to connect on alias.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I guess you can asking your network admin to configure the DNS server for such a purpose.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.