Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. jwallace Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Highlight bar not showing up in first Action

The highlight bar does not show up sometimes when running the scripts, these seems to be only happening in our Action 1. The automation will run fine but you can never see what line is being executed because nothing gets highlighted. Is there a setting somewhere that makes it not show up or is it something else? 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.. Eickel Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Highlight bar not showing up in first Action

Hi,

You might try checking that the test has not been configured to run in Fast Mode in: 

UFT > Tools > Options > GUI Testing > Test Runs > Run mode > Select Normal.

Did it make any difference?

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Absent Member..

So i attached a screenshot of the settings we have for it and it is in Normal mode, but it mostly happens in Action 1 but some of my team say that they notice the execution marker does not show up from time to time when they are running the automation. 

0 Likes
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Wallace,

Would be posible for you to attache couple of screenshots one with the highlight bar and another with the test running with out it.

Thank you very much,

HP support

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

So how i got it to happen is by opening UTF and running the first Action and the Highligh Bar was showing up, tested it out a few times and it kept showing up. So i then closed down UFT and reopened it and opened the same project and ran from the same line and then the Highlight Bar was not showing up. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thank you very much for the screenshots Wallace,

If you set a breakpoint in line 20 for example, the test stops? Are you able to see the bar?

You mention this happen in Action 1, for all the scripts or just some specific tests?

If you try running steps stored locally behavior persists?

Regards.

HP support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.