Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Established Member.. HP_Jack
Established Member..

How to configure UFT replay speed when test is run from ALM

Hello, I've an UFT script which is running fine when I run it locally from my UFT host.

When I run it from ALM, the replay is faster and UFT try to execute steps whithout waiting for application objects to be available.
Because of this, the replay from ALM often fail.

How can I configure the speed at which test are executed when run from ALM ?

I alerady checked on uft test settings and on remote agent settings but without success.

thanks and kind regards

0 Likes
9 Replies
RP_test Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to configure UFT replay speed when test is run from ALM

Ideally , you should handle this with synchronization through your script.

Ex: waitProperty , Exist , Sync ...

0 Likes
Established Member..

Yes, I could do in this way, but I should restart coding on all my script.

My point is that the scripts are already working when I run them on UFT, but when they are replayed from alm, they run differently (faster).

I suppose there's a way to configure the run behaviour (or test settings) of the test when run from ALM, am I wrong?

0 Likes
Shanmugavel
New Member.

For now, you can change the run mode to normal using QTP AOM. Insert this code in your start of trigger/driver script.

set qtApp = GetObject("", "QuickTest.Application")
qtApp.Options.Run.RunMode = "Normal"

But like RP_test said, tests should run irrespective of execution mode. Effective synchronization should be implemented as part of your code.

Thanks...

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
Test Automation Ecstasy
RP_test Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think he is running through ALM , so AOM won't be possible.

0 Likes
Established Member..

I've a question on the code you posted; I tested it and it actually sets runmode = Normal in UFT, but but the runmode used for the current run is the one set at the beginning of the test

Example:

Execution from UFT
- I've UFT with runmode = Fast
- I run the script that contains the above code and Runmode is set to Normal, but current test is executed in Fast Mode

Execution from ALM

- I run the script, it actually set UFT runmode as Normal, but the test is executed in fast mode, regardless of what is set on UFT runmode

Is there a way to set runmode and execute the test with the runmode just set? In other word, is it possible to change runmode once the test has starder?

I agree that tests should run irrespective of execution mode, but in this particular case I've several scripts ready and I'm in a rush to execute them.
I'll fix them later on inserting sync, waitproperty etc

thanks and kind regards

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

What version of UFT and what version of ALM are you using?

I remember something about ALM ignoring the RunMode setting that was set in the properties of a test in QTP. There was something else that had to be done. I'm trying to find the info now...

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Regular Contributor.. chris yeatman Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Add RunInFastMode=0 to the end of the mic.ini configuration file.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

or use for "Normal":

Setting.Item("RunMode") = 1

and back to fast:

Setting.Item("RunMode") = 0

right at the beginning of your script e.g. the first line

0 Likes
Account_Closed
Not applicable

That feature does not work right in version 14.03. When you run the code the first time, there is no change in the run mode. But when you run it a second time, the run mode changes. So, it does not work for changing the speed on the fly. If anyone else has any ideas, please chime in. --Thomas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.