Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. zxjane Absent Member..
Absent Member..

If we could use QTP Essential as Data Entry to Oracle EBS?

my customer is using  the QuickTest Data Entry.

If we could use QTP Essential as Data Entry to Oracle EBS?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. bvalerio Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: If we could use QTP Essential as Data Entry to Oracle EBS?

Hello,

You can use QTP to enter data in Oracle E-Business Suit, as long as the version is supported. You can refer to the Product Availability Matrix (PAM):

However, QTP Essentials doesn't come with the Oracle Add-in (it only comes with ActiveX, Java, VB, Web, .Net, WPF, Silverlight, Web 2.0 Toolkit). So, the only option I can think is to use Windows Standard recognition (which can be difficult since it uses coordinates and can fail depending on the Windows configuration).

Hope thi helps.

Regards,

Bryan

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: If we could use QTP Essential as Data Entry to Oracle EBS?

Totally agree with bvalerio,

QTP essential is a reduced version of the original QTP tool; Oracle is not included on it.

apart of window standard you could try Java add-in over the oracle app however this is just as another option, is not guaranty that it works,  always the right way is to use the right add-in (Oracle Add-in in this case for compete QTP version)

Best Regards

HP support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.