Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Morkkis Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Iterating based on datatable in ALM

Couldn't find any topic that would have replied to my question, sorry if this is something easily available in the documentation or somewhere else.

Currently I have an automated GUI test made in UFT. I am attempting to data drive it, running the test from ALM with the data also being in ALM Resources location. I have in Test Settings made sure to have the "Run on all rows" selected, and then also in the Action Call Properties the same "Run on all rows" selected. Still whenever the test is run, it stops after one iteration. The data is imported from ALM by having in "Settings -> Resources -> DataTable" the "Other location" selected and pointing to "[ALM\Resources] Resources\...". When running locally, the iterations are done on all rows as expected with everything else as it is.

Now I know that I can just use a simple For loop but since we have not developed a custom report from the scratch, I would like to have the report organized under different iterations, for clarity. Also would like to know if the "Run on all rows" is simply not possible, to not waste anymore time with that either.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
RajkumarR Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Iterating based on datatable in ALM

Which sheet are you having data on when running locally, Global or Local?
If it's Global, then make sure you have the data in the sheet named 'Global' in the excel file that's imported from ALM resources.

Re: Iterating based on datatable in ALM

Thanks for the reply!

The sheet names are currently ran from a file that contains multiple sheets, each named by the certain test case they are used for (Helps with upkeeping the data, when all connected cases are modified simultaneously). Is there anything else required but having the global sheet containing the data required for run?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.