Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
tynolan Contributor.
Contributor.

LeanFT Runtime Engine - No Valid License

A few days ago this was working. I would activate the leanft runtime engine, and it would start running with a valid license. Just today, that stopped working. 

It says LeanFT Runtime Engine - No valid license

To install a license, run the functional testing license wizard from the start menu. When finished, exit and restart the leanft runtime engine.

I tried using that wizard, and it says it can connect to the license server. Even UFT is working with the license. But for whatever reason, Leanft doesn't want to connect to the license server. I don't know what happened and it is blocking my work.

Thanks for any help

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: LeanFT Runtime Engine - No Valid License

Are there any error info? Or error from the log file?

0 Likes
tynolan Contributor.
Contributor.

No, I don't get any errors. Only that message above. How do I check the logs?
0 Likes

It should be something like this. C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\LeanFT\Logs\LFTRuntime.log

0 Likes
tynolan Contributor.
Contributor.

It doesn't have a LeanFT folder with the logs. I only have a HP folder > UFT > layouts folder, preferences folder, UFTProperties.xml, utt.config.LastQcConnection.xml

0 Likes

Then you need to find the LFTRuntime.log.config.xml, at the same folder of LFTRuntime.exe. It contains the folder name like below:

<!-- Allows writing to a log file -->
<appender name="RollingFileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
<file type="log4net.Util.PatternString" value="%env{LOCALAPPDATA}\LeanFT\Logs\LFTRuntime.log" />

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.