Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
prptk Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Moving UFT License from one Autopass License Server to another

Hello,
Is it possible to migrate UFT licenses from one Autopass License Server to another?
Due to security and support issues, our client is forced to move their HP Applications and databases from Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2012 R2.
The old Windows Server will be shut down after migration process.

On WS2k8 they had installed:
ALM 12.00
MS SQL SERVER 2008
Autopass Licence Server - it holds UFT licenses.

During migration we Installed ALM 12.53 and MS SQL Server 2012 on WS2K12R2 and migrated all ALM databases and projects (repaired and upgraded as well).
But we have problem with Autopass License Server. How to migrate UFT licenses from old Autopass LS to the new one? is it even possible?

New and old Windows Servers differ in OS version, IP and DNS name, so I suppose, LockId's differ as well.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Moving UFT License from one Autopass License Server to another

I have not actually tried to move the license for UFT 12.5x from one server to another.

I do know that when I obtained the license key, I had to provide the IP for the server where it would be installed.

I believe that there is an option in the License Activation site to help you move licenses from one system to another. I've never tried that, but you might want to explore that option.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.