Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
adityasrinivasb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need help on the script that downloads file from IE

Hi

My Web based application has an icon - Export to Excel. When I click on that icon, I get the IE download notification at the bottom. I want to Save the excel to particular location by selecting Save As. But I am struggling to write  the script to automate this. I tried all the ways of doing this like adding all the objects to the repository, sendkeys, Mercury.DeviceReplay etc . But UFT cannot consistently select the Save As option in the context menu that pops up when the button is clicked beside the Save button.

Can somebody please help me with the code

Regards

Srinivas

0 Likes
3 Replies
aravindhanR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Need help on the script that downloads file from IE

If the link is directly pointing to an excel file. You can write a script to right click on the link and select the "Save As". By that way you will get a window Dialog box. So you can save it....
0 Likes
adityasrinivasb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Right click on the Export to Excel icon does not give any context menu where I can select Save As

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member.. RStimy
Established Member..

Did you ever get this solved?  I am having this exact problem and cannot find a solution anywehre!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.