QTP/UFT Support Tip: How to Enable the Business Process Testing Remote Agent
If the Windows Firewall is turned on on your computer, and you want to enable business process tests (BPT) to be run on your computer from a remote ALM client, then you must manually create a firewall exception for the remote agent.
To create a firewall exception for the Remote Agent:
1. Make sure you open the ALM or Quality Center client at least once on your computer.
2. Run Firewall.cpl from the command line (Start > Run > cmd ). The Windows Firewall dialog box will open.
Note: The remaining steps in this procedure may be different in different operating systems.
3. Click the "Exceptions" tab.
4. Click the "Add Program" button.
5. In the "Add a Program" dialog box, browse to the location where the ALM or Quality Center client is installed and select any of the following files that exist:
Note: You may have to repeat this step a few times to add all relevant files.
6. Click OK in the "Add a Program" dialog box. The files you selected are added to the Programs and Services list in the Windows Firewall dialog box.
7. Click OK to close the Windows Firewall dialog box.
For additional details regarding Windows firewall exceptions contact your system administrator, or refer to the Microsoft documentation.
[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)