Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

QTP/UFT support tip: Failed to modify the license type.

This error generally appears when trying to modify the license type (from seat to concurrent and vice versa) and the user don't have the right permissions.

In order to resolve this give full permission to the Rainbow key in the system registry.

The license type (seat or concurrent) setting is stored in the system registry. In order to change the key manually or through QTP/UGT, you must have write privileges to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\Rainbow\LicType key.

Regards.

HP support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.