Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

QTP/UFT support tip: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell Service Pack 1 is missing

There are some times where you are trying to install the extensibility accelerator of Quick Test Professional(QTP) and this message appears "Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell Service Pack 1 is missing on this machine, Please install all missing prerequisites and run this installation again."

Cause

As the message mention this happens since the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell Service Pack 1 is not installed

Solution:

In order to ensure this prerequisite will be installed access the machine with full administrator rights.

Open the QTP DVD or installation package.

Access the folders "Extensibility and ToolkitsExtAccToolEN"

Launch the setup.exe

You will see the following warning message.

Click on ok and the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell Service Pack 1 will start the installation.

Then complete this installation process and the extensibility accelerator installation will start after that.

If no you can launch the setup.exe again in order to install the Extensibility Accelerator.

HP support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Labels (1)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.