Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Samuel Morhaim Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QTP takes very long for each step

I am using QTP 9.5.0.0 Build 195 with the ActiveX, Web and .Net add-ins.

I experience a very, very, very long wait between each step on QTP, and I was under the impression it was my application but then I did a test using google. Here is the script.

Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebEdit("q").Set "Test 1"
Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebEdit("q").Set "Test 12"
Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebEdit("q").Set "Test 123"
Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebButton("Google Search").Click

It takes 2 seconds to open up the browser, then it waits 20 - 30 seconds to execute step 1 & 2 which execute almost simultaneously.

Then it takes 30 seconds to execute Step 3 and Step 4 also almost simultaneously.

I tried setting the Run Mode options to Normal 0 delay, or to Fast.. with no success.

I tried disabling Smart identification and also doesnt work.

When I use it in my application it takes about 20 - 30 seconds for each input text, and up to a minute or two for some drop downs.

I also tried not asking QTP to open the browser but to use an open browser, but I had the same results.

It is imposible to create my first script with this kind of speed, it will take me weeks to create and debug my scripts, not to mention run them.

Can anyone help? Thank you.

0 Likes
14 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: QTP takes very long for each step

I wanted to add, that this is running on IE 7, and I can't use FireFox or any other since our web application is only compatible with IE.

I've seen similar posts but no successful answer have been given. Instead pointers to the obvious settings were given that is why I have given details about my settings.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. shiv_p Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

Does your application uses .Net controls as well.?

As per details, you are choosing ActiveX,Web & .Net....???

Try recording only choosing web..

Warm Regards,
Shivaram
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thanks for the suggestion. It did not work.

I removed all except Web, and it still takes a really long time for each step.

We are talking about googles page, or my application, a simple username/password login button form, takes 3 minutes to fill in.

I tried re-recording many times, with different settings and re-running with different settings with no success.

Any other?

thank you.

0 Likes
Cody Marcel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The extra addins should only slow down the startup, but not the execution time. Are yo urunning any recovery scenarios? Do you have smart identification turned on?

Try using descriptive programming on a few of the objects and see if it makes a difference.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I tried using smart and no smart identification, no difference.

No recovery scenarios, this is a blank, new test, with only the steps mentioned above.

I tried descriptive, but no luck :(

It doesnt make sense, its just google's page, or any simple page..
0 Likes
Henry Floyd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Besides reinstalling QTP (which might be a wate of time for you). Have you tried re-registering the dlls?

Goto the Start Menu-->QTP->Tools-->Additional Installation Requirements

Then run that tool to rerun the config for IE and your DCOM settings

Good Luck
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Thank you for the suggestion... That did not work :(

I did the steps but did not work. (I did not reinstall but I am about to do so.)

I have isolated the issue, to being slow only on typing on fields. For example clicking on links is fast enough, but when it comes the turn to typing, it takes 20 - 40 seconds to type, then 20 seconds wait, then it clicks...

Any more ideas?

thank you.
0 Likes
Akpene Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am having a very similar problem. In addition to suggested solutions provided, I have reinstalled QTP 9.5 to no avail.

Did anyone find any other solution that solved the issue?
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Edwin Wiancko Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I have a user that experienced a similar problem with a .NET application. First they were able to speed it up a little by starting up the app first, then QTP. Counter-intuitive I know, but it did help.

The second thing we did was try to record with NO add-ins. App was not slow and playback was normal speed too.

Let us know if this works for you - or if you've found another solution...

Thanks,
Ed
0 Likes
Manoj Patra Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I also have a similar issue.
I have qtp 10.0 and using one ajax based application.
Objects under a frame takes very very long time(2 minutes and 10 seconds)to execute where as others are normal.
I have tried with all so called enhancemets tricks such as runtime object creation/ reinstalling QTP/ patch installation/ adding or removing properties of objects.
Most annoying thing is that when in OR I do Highlight in application, for those objects, QTP recognises them instantly.

Any help in this regard will be apprecieble.

Thanks
0 Likes
Sivgamii Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Guys, any progress in this area? I am facing the same issue and any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Rems Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

I faced similar issue for clicking a link on browser. I noticed that there is ordinal identifier - creation time for the browser. Removing that creation time helped me, it clicked on the link faster.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi,

In my experience, this could be related to Smart Identification. In this long execution Test, will you check the report if there's anything Smart Identification enabled? when an object cannot be found in a usual way, UFT will wait for a period of time before the timeout, and then active the Smart Identification to look for the object again, usually with success.

Have you tried resetting the Object Identification and in Web part, disable the Smart Identification?

Thanks

James

0 Likes
Rems Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi James,

I have seen the code slowing down due to smart identification, usually I look at it and fix the identification properties, but this was different. There was no smart identification invoked but it was taking one minute to click on a link object in browser page. I made some tweak to link object identification and performance improved a bit. On further investigation I figured out that it was taking time to identify the browser. At run time, I checked the properties using msgbox and they were all matching with OR. At that point I noticed the creation time ordinal property, set it to no value and found that it was faster after that. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.