Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Honored Contributor.. Molina4321 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Recorder records 2 or more statements for some WebEdit fields

(see below sample)

When entering data on WebEdit fields, why is the Recorder recording 2 or more statements for some fields?

(some objects coming from shared OR some from Local OR)

Thanks.

Gilbert

Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("ContentPlaceHolder1_AddMemberU").Set "myFirst"
Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$AddM").Set "myFirst"
Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("Edt_MiddleInitial").Set "M"
Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$AddM_2").Set "M"
Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("Edt_Last").Set "myLast"
Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$AddM_3").Set "myLast"
Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("Edt_DOB").Set "11/24/1974"
Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$AddM_4").Set "1974-11-24-00-00-00"
Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$AddM_5").Set "1974-11-24"
Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("Edt_MedicaidID").Set "11122233"
Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("WebEdit").Set "11122233"
Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("Edt_SSN").Set "123-45-6789"
Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").RadComboBox("Rcb_Gender").Select "Male"

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Recorder records 2 or more statements for some WebEdit fields

Hello Gilbert,

The application is in-house?

It is happening only with WebEdits?

Specific WebEdits or random Webedits?

Each time you record or sometimes works properly?

Is the issue on Internet Explorer (IE)?

If yes. What version of IE do you have?

What version of QTP/UFT do you have?

Did you check if it happens on a different machine?

Do you have a public url to access those WebEdits?

Thank you very much,

Regards.

HP support

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Hello Victor,

Unfortunately, this one does not have a public url.
In-house app full of Telerik controls and .NetASP controls running on IE8. Using UFT12, I am not seeing this behavior in other apps. Let me do more checking on this and let you know what I can find out.

Thanks.
Gilbert
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Eickel Absent Member..
Absent Member..

It's interesting that UFT seems to be seeing two different objects in there:

Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("ContentPlaceHolder1_AddMemberU").Set "myFirst"
Browser("Brw_mCareOnline").Page("Pge_AddMember").WebEdit("ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$AddM").Set "myFirst"

Is that also possible using the object spy? Perhaps there are two objects one over the other... 
From the object repository, what would happen if you try to do a highlight?

Thanks,

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Hi Eickel,

This particular app is written so strange/differently. If you record the Phone number entry, for example, and you enter 1234567890, the recorder will show that you entered "(123) 456-7890" instead. There's some kind of Refresh going on and when it does that, the Recorder picks it up and records the data along with the field formatting characters. No big deal since the second statement can be deleted and the script will work fine. Highlight in OR works fine.

Thanks.
Gilbert
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Eickel Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Yes, I guess it'll work fine if you delete the second one... Also, it'll require to clean up the OR after recording to remove the duplicated objects due to this particular behavior in this app...

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.