ST/UFT support tip: How to setup Service Test script or API Test to work with JMS activities?
Important: All below settings, end-user must obtain them from JMS server vendor, even when working with IBM WebSphere MQ activities.
- Test Settings: Classpath, JNDI Initial Context Factory, JNDI Provider URL, JMS Connection Factory
To access above section, click the blank area of the test flow (or test diagram), then navigate to Test Settings on the right panel "Property Sheet"
Note: The "Classpath" requires a path (where respective JAR class offered by the JMS Server) to be local (not JMS server, just the JAR file, and if applicable, its respective references).
For example, for Apache ActiveMQ version 5.4.2:
- Classpath: C:\apache-activemq-5.4.2\activemq-all-5.4.2.jar
- JNDI Initial Context Factory : org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
- JNDI Provider URL : tcp://<machinename>:61616
- JMS Connection Factory : ConnectionFactory
- Activity Settings. Once the test is configured, each activity related to JMS (Send Message to JMS Queue, Receive Message From JMS Queue, etc), including IBM WebSphere MQ activities, must be setup with any of below pieces of information is situations requires it:
- For Queue related activities: Queue Name: dynamicQueues/<Queue name>
- For Topic related activities: Topic Name: dynamicTopics/<Topic Name>
Note: The above settings are the minimum setup requirements to work with JMS, however not only ones.
You can chek this detail osl from this Kbarticle: KM00364275
If you find this useful, mark Kudos.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.