ST/UFT support tip: How use external DLL libraries to a Service Test script?
You can associate libraries as points A and B shows:
A) Associate external reference to Test Script solution
- Access the "Tests" pane (left side)
- Locate the "References" node:
"Tests" pane > Solution [test name] > [test name] > References
- Rght click
- Select "Add Reference" (new dialog appears)
- Access desired source of reference
- GAC. Available references from the %Windir%\assembly (default C:\Windows\Assembly)
- Projects. References to choose from other ST scripts
- .NET Assembly Browser. Possible to browser file system for 1 or more DLL files to add as reference
- COM. Select from all of the available DCOM classes/objects installed on machine.
- Click "Ok"
B) Reference new/external namespace from step A to test's coding feature
- Open the "TestUserCode.cs" file ("Tests" pane > Solution [test name] > [test name] > TestUserCode.cs)
- Navigate to top side of file, under header "namespace Script"
- Append at end of the "using ...;" statements, the new namespace:
You can find this information in this kbarticle
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.