Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
newtlove Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Seeking UFT / ALM upgrade advice

Jump to solution

The place I work has UFT v 12.2 and the ALM v 12.20 that was purchased at the same time.

Some of our clients are requesting that the Web APPs developed here be available in Chrome. To test the Web APPs in Chrome requires UFT v 14.1 or higher. So, management is going to buy 5 licenses of the latest UFT, version 14.3 (I believe it is).

My question is when we acquire the new UFT, do we need to upgrade ALM at the same time?

Also, if you have advice or suggestions about upgrading on a topic that I did not ask about, please tell me that, too.

TIA (thanks in advance) !

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Seeking UFT / ALM upgrade advice

Jump to solution

Hello,

UFT 14.03 doesn't have a lot of version of ALM that can fully integrate it. Please have a look a the following document.

ALM Integration with UFT

Based on that and your version of ALM (12.20) 14.03 doesn't support it. On that document you can see what are the versions that support 14.03 (12.21, 12.55, SaaS 14). This document is very helpful, I hope that was of your help.

Let me know your thouhts about it,

Regards,

-Joaquin Viquez

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

UFT 14.03 doesn't have a lot of version of ALM that can fully integrate it. Please have a look a the following document.

ALM Integration with UFT

Based on that and your version of ALM (12.20) 14.03 doesn't support it. On that document you can see what are the versions that support 14.03 (12.21, 12.55, SaaS 14). This document is very helpful, I hope that was of your help.

Let me know your thouhts about it,

Regards,

-Joaquin Viquez

0 Likes
newtlove Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Joaquin_FT,
Thank you for the link!
The ALM / UFT support matrix diagram is just what I needed to give to management.
I recommended buying new ALM licenses so we can continue to use the script repository.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.