Highlighted
liorde Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Setting a runtime property as a regular expression

Hello colleagues.

I would like to know if there is an optin to set, during runtime, a certain proerty of an object , but I need it to be a REGULAR EXPRESSION.   Anoter optin is to create that object either as descriptive programming or inline coding. With a regular expression of course....

Will this be possible?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Setting a runtime property as a regular expression

Hello there,

Hope you are doing great!

Regular expression is supported via descriptive programming. See here for an indication of it:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/14.51/UFT_Help/Content/User_Guide/Using_Reg_Exps.htm?Highlight=regular%20expression

Also, you can check the next review regarding this topic: 

https://www.itcentralstation.com/product_reviews/uft-qtp-review-33678-by-paul-grossman  

I hope this information was useful,

If you find this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the pond show your appreciation.

Best regards,

0 Likes
liorde Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Setting a runtime property as a regular expression

Thank-you Alison.

I will read through the topics supploed .

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.