Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
kovacsakos Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

TestExportTool error message

Jump to solution

test-export-tool.jar gives error message to a generated jar file, which uses TestNG.

The file <myfile> does not contain any JUnit tests. 

It seems supported:  https://admhelp.microfocus.com/leanft/en/14.03/HelpCenter/Content/HowTo/SetupLeanFT.htm

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TestExportTool error message

Jump to solution

In the command you have provided you have typed framework:TestNG, you have missed the '-', it should be -framework:TestNG.

It looks like you already had an open thread regarding the exporting TestNG JARs, and the solution there was accepted: https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/UFT-Practitioners-Forum/Invalid-signature-file-digest-for-Manifest-main-attributes/m-p/1643225

Regards,

Anton

6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

You can see instructions on how to use the test export tool here: https://admhelp.microfocus.com/leanft/en/14.03/HelpCenter/Content/ALMintegration/LFT-ALM_CreatePlan&test.htm

under: Import LeanFT tests into ALM.

You have a section for TestNG, you need to specify the framework in the command line.

Regards,

Anton

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Sure, I used framework:TestNG parameter in command.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Here is what worked for me.

I navigated to the location of the test-export-tool.jar (to make the paths shorter in the command) and started a command line from there.

My tests JAR is located at: "C:\Temp\leanFT_testng_tests.jar"

The TestNG JAR, in my case, is located at: "C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition 2016.3.1\plugins\testng\lib\testng.jar"

so here is the command I've executed:

java -jar test-export-tool.jar c:\Temp\leanFT_testng_tests.jar -classpath:"C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA Community Editi
on 2016.3.1\plugins\testng\lib\testng.jar" -framework:TestNG

Please share the command that you have tried.

Regards,

Anton

Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I use now testng.jar file from IntelliJ's folder, bit got the same error message as earlier.

java -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\HPE\Unified Functional Testing\Tools\TestExportTool\test-export-tool.jar" 
"C:\_private\LeanFT-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar"
-classpath:C:\Program Files\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition 2018.1\plugins\testng\lib\testng.jar
framework:TestNG
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

In the command you have provided you have typed framework:TestNG, you have missed the '-', it should be -framework:TestNG.

It looks like you already had an open thread regarding the exporting TestNG JARs, and the solution there was accepted: https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/UFT-Practitioners-Forum/Invalid-signature-file-digest-for-Manifest-main-attributes/m-p/1643225

Regards,

Anton

Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yes, but that was a different error and somehow I missed - sign before parameter value in this case.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.