Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Tomasz
Visitor.

Triggering UFT tests through Jenkins - Failed to prepare timeslot for run

Hi all,

In Jenkins I have installed and configured the plugin “HP Application Automation Tools”.

I have created a job with build step “Execute HP tests using HP ALM Lab Management” (1_build_step.jpg).

When I start this job, I get in “Console Output” the following message:

Started by user anonymousBuilding in workspace C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\UFT Job1Logged in successfully to ALM Server https://<myAlmUrl>.com/qcbin/ using <myAlmUsername>Executing TEST_SET ID: 2105 in <almDomain>/<almProject> Description: Failed to start TEST_SET ID:2105, run id: com.hp.alm.platform.exception.CTdException: Failed to prepare timeslot for run. handleCreateAction; Note: You can run only functional test sets and build verification suites using this plugin. Check to make sure that the configured ID is valid (and that it is not a performance test ID).Empty ResultsResult Status: UNSTABLEBuild step 'Execute HP tests using HP ALM Lab Management' changed build result to UNSTABLERecording test resultsNone of the test reports contained any resultRunResultRecorder: didn't find any test results to recordFinished: UNSTABLE

I have free time slots in ALM (2_timeslots_alm.jpg), also there are two available hosts, from which the one with highest priority ce13822 works fine with “HP ALM Lab Service plugin” and autologon (3_testing hosts.jpg).

Could You please help me how to configure it to make it possible to trigger the running of test cases from Jenkins? Thank You.

Tomasz

Tags (4)
0 Likes
2 Replies
RajkumarR Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Triggering UFT tests through Jenkins - Failed to prepare timeslot for run

Could you check the following?

1) Check if the test set 2105 is a Functional Test Set and not Default.

2) Check the Host in the test grid. Are you using a specific host or any host that maches the criteria.

3) Notice that the first host in your '3_testing hosts.jpg' is Non-operational. Looks like the Lab Service isn't running or there's some other issues with this host. Resolve this & try again.

Visitor.

Re: Triggering UFT tests through Jenkins - Failed to prepare timeslot for run

Hi RajkumarR,

Thank You for Your support. 

1.  I have chosen the wrong type, now I have configured it to 2108 which is functional

2.  As host I am using my laptop ce13822 with windows 7 64 bit version.

3.  I have deleted other hosts and left only ce13822.  

After starting the job I get the following console output:

Started by user anonymous

Building in workspace C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\UFT Job1Logged in successfully to ALM Server https:// <myAlmUrl>.com/qcbin/ using <myALMusername>

Failed to start TEST_SET ID: 2108, ALM Server URL: https:// <myAlmUrl>.com/qcbin (Exception: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https:// <myAlmUrl>.com/qcbin/rest/domains/<domain>/projects/<projectname>/test-sets/2108/startruntestset)

Failed to start TEST_SET ID:2108, run id: 

Note: You can run only functional test sets and build verification suites using this plugin. Check to make sure that the configured ID is valid (and that it is not a performance test ID).Empty

ResultsResult Status: UNSTABLE

Build step 'Execute HP tests using HP ALM Lab Management' changed build result to UNSTABLERecording test results

None of the test reports contained any resultRunResultRecorder: didn't find any test results to recordFinished: UNSTABLE

When I look to Time slots it looks like Jenkins created an entry (4_timeslots1.jpg). It is strange that start is set to “Manually” (4_timeslots2.jpg). ALM allocated the correct machine (4_timeslots3.jpg). 

I hope You have some other clues, because with Your help I am further than I was before. Kind regards,Tomasz

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.