Highlighted
Luk Contributor.
Contributor.

UFT 12.54 Object Spy freezes on any Firefox version

Hi,

I have big performance issues with UFT 12.54 Object Spy and Firefox (tested on 38,39,45,49). When I hover mouse pointer over an object I can see full hierarchy and object attributes but when I click it, UFT freezes for a long time (up to 2 minutes). After few minutes the object is selected and I can see it's attributes in the Object Spy window but when I want to select other object the problem returns.

I tried installing AgentLegacy.xpi but no objects in the browser window are recognized.

I run my scripts on VMWare Windows 7 machines over RDP connection.

Update:

It happens only on one site (Web Application made by my company). On other sites there is a slight lag but it takes about 2 seconds to unfreeze.

Update2:

Using Fiddler I managed to find the cause. I appears, that Firefox Agent plugin causes CspViolation errors. Is there any way to overcome that problem?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: UFT 12.54 Object Spy freezes on any Firefox version

Hello,

To provide the answer to your second question, unfortunately UFT agents need to have the required permissions in order to work properly. This CspViolation will be needed to be reviewed by the security team to provide the necessary permissions and access. I was about to suggest to install the legacy agent, but as I saw, you have already tried to install it, and getting even worse results. 

Regards.

Michael.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.