Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Frequent Contributor.. Subbarao P Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

UFT 14.5 - Screen shot capturing is not taking completely for IE, excluding tabs, address bar of IE.

Hi All,

I am automating web application and needs to check the browser compatibility. While running the script from 2 browsers (IE – 11, Chrome - 72) I see there is difference in screen shots, for IE address bar and tabs are not captured in screen shots but the same is captured in Chrome. Here I am expecting complete screen should be captured from both browsers including address bar and tabs. Please suggest if there are settings changes required for this.

Thanks,
Subbarao P

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: UFT 14.5 - Screen shot capturing is not taking completely for IE, excluding tabs, address bar of

Hello.

have you checked this link with the known issue of IE? i saw that you have more problems here than in the Chrome browser: https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/14.51/UFT_Help/Content/Addins_Guide/IE_Limitations.htm

there you sould be able to see what could be the problem. maybe your application is based on a technology not suported and UFT might be behaving wrong.

Regards,

0 Likes

Re: UFT 14.5 - Screen shot capturing is not taking completely for IE, excluding tabs, address bar of

Hi,

There’s no setting for this.

If you want to capture the whole screen, maybe you can try a workaround, using STD window to capture the screenshot.

Thanks

Jerry

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your reply...
Could you please share about STD window.

Thanks,
Subbarao P
0 Likes

You may try this.

hwnd = Browser("...").GetROProperty("hwnd")
Window("hwnd:=" & hwnd).Activate

Window("hwnd:=" & hwnd).CaptureBitmap "path_to_bitmap"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Hi Jerry2,

We use the below piece of code to capture images...

Browser(“CreationTime:=0").CaptureBitmap FileName

But no luck...

Thanks,
Subbarao P

0 Likes

Please try the code I posted in my last reply.

The main idea is trying to get the window handel and create a Window object to call the capturebitmap of the Window object.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.