Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Frequent Contributor.. Subbarao P Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

UFT 14.5 click object should move to the specific page completely

Hi All,

I am automating web application and needs to check the browser compatibility. While running the script from 2 browsers (IE – 11, Chrome - 72) I see there is difference in screen moving to the location of the object that we targeted and performing some operations like mouse over, exist, click, highlight, etc.

For Ex: I have opened Google page and searching for Google, google page loaded with lot of results but can’t see complete information in one screen so that I have to do page down and check all the results. Here assume that results are loaded and covered in 3 pages, my step 1 is to verify the element Searches related to google (please verify the screen shot Step 1 – Page 3). As per the validation the screen has been scroll down automatically and step 1 is completed. Now step 2 is to validate the News menu (please verify the screen shot Step 2 - Page 1 - Chrome), when the script check the object is exist or not then the screen moving to the target object automatically in Chrome as displayed in screen shot Step 2 - Page 1 – Chrome, but the same is running in IE the complete screen moving to top as shown in screen shot Step 2 - Page 1 – IE. In IE the complete screen moving to top but in chrome screen moving to the target object.

But here I am expecting same behavior from 2 browsers either it should move to completely (top) or should move to the targeted object only.

Please suggest if anyone having this kind of experience.

Note: UFT add on are enabled.

Thanks,
Subbarao P

0 Likes
3 Replies
Frequent Contributor..

Re: UFT 14.5 click object should move to the specific page completely

Screen shots are attaching.

0 Likes
Morkkis Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Not sure if I understood your issue correctly, but my solution would be to use ScrollIntoView method.

You can use it by

WebElement("YourObject").Object.scrollIntoView

Hope this works for you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Hi Morkkis,

Not the case is reverse, this is working for Chrome, but the same when its running for IE page is moving to the specific object but not the complete page.

Anyhow, this is helpful, i can use infuture if required.

Thanks,
Subbarao P

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.