Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Super Contributor.. mu21 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

UFT 14.51 - Java AddIn - Select CTab Folder does not display its content anymore

Hello,

We are trying to migrate our scripts from UFT 14.03 to UFT 14.51 for testing Java applications but I'm running into some problems with selecting Java CTabFolder (class org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder) and I was wondering if someone has run into some similar problems or not.

The following piece of code:

JavaWindow("xxx").JavaTab("yyy").Select "#1"

- With UFT 14.03, the second tab is selected and its contents is displayed correctly.

- With UFT 14.51, the second tab is still selected correctly but its contents is not displayed. It's the contents of the original tab that is still displayed on the screen.

I don't really see what other method I could use. If I use the method Click, the contents is indeed displayed but I have no way of knowing exactly where I am supposed to click because I can only retrieve the width of the entire CTabFolder, not the individual tabs, and some of the tabs may be wider than others. 

Has anyone run into this kind of problem and found a solution?

Thank you.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Super Contributor.. mu21 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: UFT 14.51 - Java AddIn - Select CTab Folder does not display its content anymore

Well, I think I found a solution to my problem by using the native methods. I found a method "SetSelection". Using the following code:

JavaWindow("xxx").JavaTab("yyy").Object.SetSelection 0

=> I still run into the same problem of the tab being selected without its contents being displayed.

Looking into a decompiled version of the jar, I found this:

void setSelection(int index, boolean notify)

So I tried:

JavaWindow("xxx").JavaTab("yyy").Object.SetSelection 0, False

=> Same result at above

JavaWindow("xxx").JavaTab("yyy").Object.SetSelection 0, True

=> This time the tab is selected and its contents is displayed.

Is this change in the behavior of Select normal? I would much rather use the Select method of the Test Object where I can use either an index or the text within the tab than have to go down to the native object.

Thank you

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: UFT 14.51 - Java AddIn - Select CTab Folder does not display its content anymore

Hello,

I tried to reproduce this issue on my side and I could not observe the mentioned behavior. Switching between tabs does display the correct information for each CTabFolder object at a time.
However the application that I used is a simple one and there are no back-end requests or any need to any major lead of data during the switch. 

Taking into account your description, this seems to be a real issue which might be reproducible only in particular cases. Since this seems to be a legit issue, and might not be easy to reproduce without some support, we suggest you to open a customer case where the Java team can contact you and handle this issue in the next release.

Thank you

Thank you

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.