Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. Indy_Jason Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UFT Set to auto submit defects but defects are not created

Jump to solution

UFT Version 12.50

Quality Center version: 12.20

In UFT under Tools -> Options-> GUI Testing ->Test Runs

I have checked the box that says "Submit a defect to ALM for each failed step"

I have connected successfully to our QC ALM instance and logged in via the ALM connection.

However no defect is being generated on a failure. There is no failure feedback or message.

Note I can manually submit a defect from the Results viewer by selecting the Add Defect button.

The only issue with is I observed a pop up that says: "You do not have permission to work with Extended Storage repository..."  However there is an OK button and if I hit it I can proceed with submitting the defect.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: UFT Set to auto submit defects but defects are not created

Jump to solution

It appears no defect will be autosubmitted for a basic object not found navigation error.

I set up a specific "find text" condition and when that failed a defect was auto submitted.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

We've adjusted things to no longer see the "Extended Storage..." message but defects are still not being autogenerated on failures.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

It appears no defect will be autosubmitted for a basic object not found navigation error.

I set up a specific "find text" condition and when that failed a defect was auto submitted.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.