Absent Member.. _Evelina_ Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UFT Support Tip : Insight Recording Best Practices

These are some best practices to take into account when using Insight:

1. Try your best to anchor the capturing to borders, templates, shades, icons or shapes of any kind rather than just to capture plain text, as OCR is yet to be supported with Insight.
  2. Take special caution, with respects to the above mentioned, when dealing with highly contrasted user interfaces (bright white over black and vice versa).
  3. Capturing and recording should be operated and replayed only on the primary monitor.
  4. Insight identification is highly susceptible to changes of zooming (operating system level and/or browser display level). Tests will not pass if the original and current configurations are different.
  5. The algorithm is color blind. A virtue for most situations, but a drawback if you wish to perform RGB sampling. You can easily overcome this limitation by using the DotNetFactory object with C# code that samples a certain point on the screen.
  6. Use Indexing or Visual Relation Identifiers (VRI): It should work like with any other Test Object, and we encourage you to use those as helpful tools.
  7. Context loss of menus might occur on some occasions. You can easily overcome this by automating the application under test through a VM console or RDP connection.
  8. For Descriptive Programming use only uncompressed image types such as BMP, PNG and TIF.
  9. Insight automation would work only if the actual session/screen is on and visible (not even minimized). That is due to the fact that it takes the input for comparison directly from the screen.
  10. Use the “Tools -> Options” configurations of capturing sizing (with pixels) and maximum number of captured images in order to overcome performance issues while recording/replaying the tests.
  11. Upon generating your perfect script you can get rid of any unnecessary images by using the “Tools -> Delete Insight snapshots” (in the Object Repository menu). This action will save space on the hard drive.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
bambibi Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: UFT Support Tip : Insight Recording Best Practices

Hi,

I have the 12.53 version in my company.

I have credential password which change after every refresh and it doesn't recognize very well (7 times on 10 executions).

it's really very anxiety-provoking !

I passed 3 long journey to resolved this Insight Recorder problem with similarity, index, location.

I re-captured the image many time but no solution.

I would like to know if someone find a solution ??

is-it UFT 14 resolved Insight Recorder problem ?

passwordwebelementTabChangeeveryrefresh.PNG

Does anyone have a solution?
its a question of life or death

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UFT Support Tip : Insight Recording Best Practices

hi, 

I tried Insight to work on this page. It worked quite well. Maybe it is the resolution difference from different replays? Here also attaches an Insight Object setting just as a reference. 

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.