Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UFT Support tip: How to get an encrypted string for UFT script use.

There are scenarios were a password needs to be set during the testing purpose.

If you record a script were a user name and password needs to be included, Unified Functional Testing (UFT) will create a line of code with the encrypted equivalent to the password typed, but what happen if I need to configure the test to pass lot of different passwords. In that case you can use a utility called "Password Encoder".

That utility allows you to type the password you want and it will shows you the encrypted equivalent, so you will be able copy and paste those encrypted values in your tests or datatable as necessary.

This tool is located on All Programs>HP Software>Unified Functional Testing>Tools

HP support

If you find this useful, mark Kudos.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Honored Contributor.. Molina4321 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: UFT Support tip: How to get an encrypted string for UFT script use.

Hi,

I always see this "If you find this useful, mark Kudos.".

I don't see "Kudos" anywhere on the screen so how do you mark Kudos?

Thanks.

Gilbert

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. rFish_911 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hover over the purple thumbs up icon. The tooltip text indicates 'kudos'.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. Molina4321 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Ok.  Now I see the word "kudos" and that's exactly where I've tried to click on but, nothing happens.

I thought the number next to this purple icon will increase by 1 or display a message.

Oh well...good thing I don't have to submit a bug for this one.  :o)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.