Respected Contributor.. abhinay_k Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

UFT-current license has expired and is not available.Save your work and restart

Jump to solution

Currently we are experiencing an issue after connecting to APLS server from UFT clients. This is not client specific and happens to most of the users. We have followed the couple of steps as suggested by HP, but still no luck. Please find the below issue scenerio and the steps taken to troubleshoot this issue:-

Issue:-

When the UFT client is connected to APLS license server, It throws an popup message stating that "The current license has expired and is not available. Save your work and restart UFT" for every approx 10 min which is hindering our tests.

Note: Here we are using Load Balancer in between UFT client and APLS server.

Steps Followed till now:-

1. As suggested by HP, We have followed the below KM document and started performing the changes one by one - 

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02324418

2. We have modified some of the settings on UFT client side as mentioned in the above KM doc - Still facing the issue

3. Modified the Timeout settings on the APLS server side as recommended and restarted the APLS - Still facing the issue.

4. Disabled the option, "Use client settings for checkin/checkout" in concurrent license setting of configuration page of APLS UI - Still facing the issue.

Note:- We are using APLS 9.3 version curretly and we are using HTTPS protocol and port 5814.

Please suggest me, is there any other sections i need to check for this issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UFT-current license has expired and is not available.Save your work and restart

Jump to solution

Hi,

I noticed that you already completed a lot of troubleshooting about the issue and the problem is there still. At this point I think that there is some corrupted files on the side of APLS that are causing the licensing renewal to realease the license even if it is in use.

My suggestion is to complete an Upgrade of the License Server, Microfocus highly recommends to have the last version of the license server, which for now,  is APLS 10.3. Let me know if you agree on this process..

If you are in agreement on completing the upgrade please find the version on this link.

https://marketplace.microfocus.com/itom/content/autopass-license-server 

On this page you can expand the autopass and on the side of File you can find the relevant documents to complete the best installation possible to have the best functionality of the APLS, see attached image

apls.png

Those two documents are very important, but most the "Upgrade Document APLS server.docx" you need to follow the steps of this document very carefully.

Let me know your thoughts in this.

Regards,

Joaquin Viquez

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UFT-current license has expired and is not available.Save your work and restart

Jump to solution

Hi,

I noticed that you already completed a lot of troubleshooting about the issue and the problem is there still. At this point I think that there is some corrupted files on the side of APLS that are causing the licensing renewal to realease the license even if it is in use.

My suggestion is to complete an Upgrade of the License Server, Microfocus highly recommends to have the last version of the license server, which for now,  is APLS 10.3. Let me know if you agree on this process..

If you are in agreement on completing the upgrade please find the version on this link.

https://marketplace.microfocus.com/itom/content/autopass-license-server 

On this page you can expand the autopass and on the side of File you can find the relevant documents to complete the best installation possible to have the best functionality of the APLS, see attached image

apls.png

Those two documents are very important, but most the "Upgrade Document APLS server.docx" you need to follow the steps of this document very carefully.

Let me know your thoughts in this.

Regards,

Joaquin Viquez

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Have you used the license monitoring utility to see if its offers any further info?

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. abhinay_k Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution
Thanks Joaquin, After upgrading our APLS to 10.3 everything works fine without any issues.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.