Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

UFT doesn't recognize WebObject with Chrome

Jump to solution

Hello,

Since 2 weeks, UFT does not recognize WebObjects in Chrome. It is working fine with IE and was working fine on Chrome before. The only object that the Object Spy can recognize in Chrome is WinObject. I've seen that this problem is common but the solutions are not working for me.

I have UFT 14.5, the last Chrome extension for UFT and Chrome 71.

My extension is enabled, has access to all sites. My browser and the display of my screen is at 100%.

I've tried to uninstall/install UFT and the extension.

I may have missed something but I don't know what. Do I need the last version ? (14.51) But it was working fine 3 weeks ago and I don't think any updates has been done.

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you,

Regards,

Maxence Lefebvre

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UFT doesn't recognize WebObject with Chrome

Jump to solution

Hi Maxence,

I think that the problem it's because Chrome 71 is not supported yet officially, this means that the new version haven't been reviewed by the QA team so it's possibly for you to have such behavior trying to automate a web application in that browser.

See this link for the Latest PAM https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/PAM/UFT_14.xx_PAM.pdf

However, what are you trying to test on Chrome, does the same behavior happens spying or recording on google.com pfor example? How does the objects get recognized?

Looking forward to your response.
Kind Regards,
 - Joaquin
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Maxence,

I think that the problem it's because Chrome 71 is not supported yet officially, this means that the new version haven't been reviewed by the QA team so it's possibly for you to have such behavior trying to automate a web application in that browser.

See this link for the Latest PAM https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/PAM/UFT_14.xx_PAM.pdf

However, what are you trying to test on Chrome, does the same behavior happens spying or recording on google.com pfor example? How does the objects get recognized?

Looking forward to your response.
Kind Regards,
 - Joaquin
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for your answer,

I've tried to install an older version of Chrome and the problem was solved. Just after, Chrome did his automatic update to his lastest version (V71) and for an unknown reason it is still working.

So I guess the problem is solved, so thank you !

Maxence

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.