UFT support tip: Validating UFT Licenses
The License Validation Utility decodes and validates UFT license strings. This enables you to view and copy license information and license validation information for troubleshooting purposes.
The License Validation Utility performs the following operations:
-Decodes the license string and retrieves important information regarding the license.
-Validates the license according to a predefined set of checks.
The validation checks performed by the License Validation Utility include the following:
1. Does the UFT feature name match one of the existing features?
2. Does the license version match one of the existing versions?
3. Does the locking code match the locking code of the computer on which UFT is
4. Has the trial period specified in the license string ended?
5. If the license is a concurrent license, does it support commuter licenses?
If required, you can copy the decoding and validation results to the clipboard.
-To decode and validate a license: Select
Start > All Programs > HP Software > HP Unified Functional Testing > Tools > License Validation Utility or <UFT installation folder\bin\licensehelperdlg.exe
If you find this useful, mark Kudos.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.