Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
TamasTibai Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

UFT to LeanFT

Jump to solution

We have a larger UFT code base.
I examine the possibility of changing to LEANFT.
Does anyone have experience with this?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Fennek7 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Betreff: UFT to LeanFT

Jump to solution

I would say the needed effort to switch to LeanFT depends on how clever your UFT automation framework is developed...

When I used UFT I already had everything programmed very modular in function libraries and avoided to use too much UFT functionality in my automation framework.

So when I switched to LeanFT two years ago I of course had to translate all of the VBScript code to C# code, create new object repositories which might be quite an effort depending on the size of your application(s), change UFT specific functions to LeanFT functions and of course set up the project in Visual Studio and make it run there.

All in all it wasn't too bad as everything already was very modular and beside the translation to C# I had to change things just at certain places to make it work for whole testcases. The testcases I didn't have too touch that much (except the C# translation) as they are independent from the underlying tool.

But depending on the size of your existing project and the available resources to do the migration to LeanFT it of course is nothing which will be done in days or a few weeks, it's definitive a bigger project. But it's possible and I don't regret that I left UFT behind me and use LeanFT.

3 Replies
kovacsakos Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: UFT to LeanFT

Jump to solution

As I think it is not possible, because structure of projects is fully different and testsuites are written in different languages.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fennek7 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Betreff: UFT to LeanFT

Jump to solution

I would say the needed effort to switch to LeanFT depends on how clever your UFT automation framework is developed...

When I used UFT I already had everything programmed very modular in function libraries and avoided to use too much UFT functionality in my automation framework.

So when I switched to LeanFT two years ago I of course had to translate all of the VBScript code to C# code, create new object repositories which might be quite an effort depending on the size of your application(s), change UFT specific functions to LeanFT functions and of course set up the project in Visual Studio and make it run there.

All in all it wasn't too bad as everything already was very modular and beside the translation to C# I had to change things just at certain places to make it work for whole testcases. The testcases I didn't have too touch that much (except the C# translation) as they are independent from the underlying tool.

But depending on the size of your existing project and the available resources to do the migration to LeanFT it of course is nothing which will be done in days or a few weeks, it's definitive a bigger project. But it's possible and I don't regret that I left UFT behind me and use LeanFT.

Contributor.. Carlos I Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: UFT to LeanFT

Jump to solution

There is not way to do it automatically by some process or software, Object Repository is the only one that you can migrate automatically through a software provided for HP.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.