Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. Mr_Spock Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UFT11.53 API webservice test gives Error in reponse - The Signature cannot be found in the document

UFT 11.53, Soap 1.2 protocol and X509 certificate:
customer can send request to server 
but there is an issue now: UFT results are showing the following error in the response: "The Signature cannot be found in the document."

UFT is throwing the error when trying to check the certificate, SoapUI does not try to verify the certificate. 
I have uploaded logs and recording to "ftp://SP09f44e:VC8cq^UD@ftp.usa.hp.com/"
test1.html, test2.html, test3.html are recordings of the issue (Please make sure html and swf files are in the same location for them to play.)
UFT log
fiddler capture files

In test3.html video you can notice that in the http activity tab, we removed the certificate, still UFT throws the error.
Is there a way to disable certificate check completely in UFT so that it will just send to webservice server?  SoapUI on the other end gives successful response without  any errors.

Please see documents attached

soapUI Field values.pptx - soapUI field values

UFT Field values.pptx - UFT field values

soapUI – Request.xml - SOAP request generated by soapUI (Capture via fiddler)  

soapUI – Response.xml - SOAP response (Capture via fiddler) response from soapUI request

UFT – Request.xml - SOAP request generated by HP UFT(Capture via fiddler)  

UFT – Response.xml - SOAP response (Capture via fiddler) response from HP request

Request4UFT.xml - SOAP Skeleton used in soapUI and UFT

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member..

Re: UFT11.53 API webservice test gives Error in reponse - The Signature cannot be found in the docum

Adding more attachments

0 Likes
Jeremy_Brown Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: UFT11.53 API webservice test gives Error in reponse - The Signature cannot be found in the docum

Hi,

We are consulting with R&D on this matter, and will update you as soon as possible to give more information based on their response.

Thanks,

Jeremy

0 Likes
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

R&D would like to check if they get right the problem.

"It seems like a wrong configuration of the SOAP request. But to your question – you can configure a SOAP request not to use any certificates. Moreover by default it doesn’t use any. The specific test – according to the movie – is configured with some security settings:

which are used in the call. If he would remove all the settings from that security tab (and any others security tabs), none security info would be sent.

One more clarification – SOAP request doesn’t check the certificate. It is used to produce some data to be sent in the request. The one who does check the data (and - in some way - the certificate) is the server. So the configuration of checking/not checking – is related to a server side, not UFT.

Regards,

HP support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thank you for your help in this matter,

I just dont understand why does custoemr need to remove all the security certificate and signature from UFT API settings?

the webservice server expects to get  the XML soap request with the correct certifictae and signature,

how will the webservice authenticate the XML soap request if we remove those settings from UFT API?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello

Customer doesn’t have to remove security settings if they are required. UFT clearly supports it. By default the SOAP request doesn’t come with any certificates configured. So any configurations here are done by the customer and it seems that they don’t match the required (by the server) configurations.

I would recommend you to open a support ticket if you are having issue with the certification in order to perform troubleshooting on the machine.

Regards.

HP support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.