Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Harika Dasari Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Unable to get the text from Putty Screenusing HP UFT

I want to get text from Putty screen and validate it.I am unable to get the text using GetText.

UFT identifies it as:

TEWindow("").TEScreen("")

Please let me know if anyone faced similar issue.

TIA

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to get the text from Putty Screenusing HP UFT

Hello,

Which version of UFT are you using?

When you use GetText and you want to get the text froman specific area you need to put the coordinates of the rectangle where the desired tesxt is applied.

Example:

ScrText = TeWindow("").TEScreen("").GetText(4, 7, 19, 75

Also does this worked before?

Let me know if this information is useful for you and if you think that solves your problem feel free to mark it as a solution.

Best Regards,

-Joaquin Viquez

0 Likes
RajkumarR Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Putty is a non-HLLAPI emulator and TeScreen method isn't supported. You have re-configure UFT & use the TeTextScreen method.

ScrText = TeWindow("").TeTextScreen("").GetText(4, 7, 19, 75)
Trusted Contributor.

HI, 

I am using Version 14.01.

How can I get the coordinates for GetText method?

Thanks

0 Likes
RajkumarR Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

You can use the Configuration wizard to do this. Check this article.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/14.50/UFT_Help/Content/Addins_Guide/TEWizard_Config_Emulator_Screen.htm
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.