Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Deepak2018 Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

leanFT-HPALM status is not updating Automatic runner dialog displying only runn

Jump to solution

When we ran the test case from HP ALM using LeanFT scripts after scripts ran sucessfully status not updated in Automatic runner dialog box status showing Running only. Please help.

We are using Testng framework provinding the testplan image.pngrunning image.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: leanFT-HPALM status is not updating Automatic runner dialog displying only runn

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Here is the problem analysis and a workaround that seems to work for me:

When testNG finishes its execution it tries to write a bounch of reports, and it writes it at the working directory of where it was launched from, it seems that in case it has no permission to write there, it simply hangs.

The LeanFT remote agent sets the working directory to the location of Java (can be defined by the JAVA_HOME env var).

In my case the current user did not have permissions to write into that folder (for me it was: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\bin).

So what I did is, to change the permissions of the folder and granted all users a full control.

Now it seems to not hang (it now creates a folder called: test-output in the Java\bin folder) and work properly.

Hope that this will be helpful in your case as well.

Regards,

Anton

11 Replies
Super Contributor.. LuisAlonso191 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: leanFT-HPALM status is not updating Automatic runner dialog displying only runn

Jump to solution

Hello Deepak,

Would be great if you can check the status of the run, if indeed is showing a status similar as: COMPLETED

Also, can you please check if the issue is happening for only one UFT (Pro) host?

Warm regards, 

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution
After test case completes status is not updated Displayed only running but if we see the logs status updated to passed
0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution
Currently running on single host
0 Likes
RajkumarR Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi Deepak,
Can you check the below 2 things?
1. If you have version control on for this project, can you check it in & try again?
2. Are you updating the test results using default method or are you writing your own implementation?
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Rajkumar,

We have not written anything we just integrated TestNG code with HP ALM.  When we try to run using HP ALM automatic runner, test executes successfully but status does not changed to PASSED, it keep on saying running.

We are struggling to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Dinesh,

In order to better understand the root cause of your problem, we will need more information and logs.

I suggest opening a ticket to MicroFocus support.

Best Regards,

Dror Saaroni

LeanFT R&D Manager

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Here is the problem analysis and a workaround that seems to work for me:

When testNG finishes its execution it tries to write a bounch of reports, and it writes it at the working directory of where it was launched from, it seems that in case it has no permission to write there, it simply hangs.

The LeanFT remote agent sets the working directory to the location of Java (can be defined by the JAVA_HOME env var).

In my case the current user did not have permissions to write into that folder (for me it was: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\bin).

So what I did is, to change the permissions of the folder and granted all users a full control.

Now it seems to not hang (it now creates a folder called: test-output in the Java\bin folder) and work properly.

Hope that this will be helpful in your case as well.

Regards,

Anton

Dinesh R Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Changed the permission for folder but still same issue.

0 Likes
Dinesh R Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

How do i raise support ticket?  Could you please share the steps?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Here’s the SSO portal:

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

Just log in with the passport and edit the profile.

You will need to have your SAID and attach it to your profile.

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Anton,

After  giving permissions as full control to these folders jdk1.8.0_171  and jre1.8.0_171, Test Case status is changed from Running  to Passed.

Thanks for your suggesttion.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.