Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

< (UFT) Support Tip > How to include a custom attribute in Web applications.

If a custom property for the Web controls is created by a developer for a specific application is nessesary to follow a few steps to make UFT recognize this custom propertie.

1. From UFT>Tools>Object Identification…
2. Select the Web technology and then select WebEdit control

3. Click on Add/Remove button for Mandatory Properties box
4. A pop up window appears showing all the properties, click on New button

5. There you need to add the custom property name however you need to add a prefix “attribute/” in order to make it visible
6. Based on the sample you send that property will be “attribute/automationid”

7. Click on ok
8. Ensure that the new attribute is checked in the property window

9. Click OK
10. Then you will see the property in the Object identification window

11. After that if you use Object spy  you will be able to see the value.

You can find this information on Kb article KM193786

HP support
If you find this useful, mark Kudos.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.