A KB and Best practice need document on how to setup Roles in UCMDB

Idea ID 2846222

A KB and Best practice need document on how to setup Roles in UCMDB

Hello community,  just to avoid submitting  similar requests mutiple time i would ask RND to create a KB or best practice document on how to manage and define roles in UCMDB  with tipical examples . 

I m asking this because all the times when trying to define them by myself it  requires a lot of "attempts"  trying to add adn remove grants   till when it seems to work, 

And when i open a ticket then there is always some "misterious hidden grant" that was missing in my configuration .  So  the basic idea is to create a document guideline with parctical examples that  match real case needs. 

Roles : 

admin 

reader with the possibility to search and apply widgets 

reader with possibility to execut reports already defined 

reader with possibility to  create and execute reports  

reader with possibility to modify attributes via gui on  certain  ci types 

reader that can access only  specific  topology structures  and modify only attributes of those topologies 

and ...other that the community can ask for.  

Also  guidelines to   have a good compromise between granularity and performance  .... 

How tenants can be added in the overall scenario .... 

I ask this because all the times it is a long trial and error and time consuming activity..... 

Hope this can  help and please community,, add comments,  roles that can make sense. from your experience 

Best regards, 

LF

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Another role: 

automatic a specific subrtree of topologies  

to match responsibilities of business services and all  the related reports and views...

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.