UCMDB History and Archiving DB for 10 years

Idea ID 2840089

UCMDB History and Archiving DB for 10 years

Hello ,  as suggested by Gabi Medan  i post a new idea on    how to solve  a common problem in EU where law for some  vertical markets asks to retain history data up to 10 years.  

I see many interested in   enhance the product  in order to satisfy this  request.  Not sure  with which kind of  tools/external tools/db tools to be created  in order to have  an archive that can be accessed and examined

I attach the discussion mails in the forum 

This feature is of high interest  since some years.... so please vote it  to make RND work on a solution 

Tags (1)
5 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Very good idea

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,   i ask  the community to try to refine the requirement with possibilities to be investigated.  Customer wants the "history"  finish.  OF course there is no sense to preserve the history of all but i presume  only data related to  configurations related to business services.  I do not think it is of interest recall to which hypervisor the vm was linked.... Maybe  a new attribute on topology views to mark them for "long history enabling"..... 

I know this is poor brainstorming but with the help of the community maybe some thing more solid as requirement could come.... I need your ideas around this matter 

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi

We currently store all history for 6 years 5+1, no exceptions

I think the general performance of retrieving history today is poor, and as such an general design review must be considered.

the basic requirements is that an "user" must be able to

Fetch data from a limited time period (start date - end date)  within minutes

on at least a 10 year period.

They must be able to see both END1 / END2 from the same CI entry point.

We should be able to report changes on a "query" overtime ( snapshot before/after) in a much more detailed way than today

From a technical standpoint it must be considered.

If storing History in current way is the right way? maybe add some new technology (COSO, document..?) provide it embedded and for large deployments as external component.

We should be able to purge history for a set of defined CI's (Query?) (not only CIT) to ensure we can remove all traces of data from CIHistory, if so required by business or law.

/Glen

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.